Terms and Conditions
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Translators Town, the owner of this Web Site. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Web Site. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Web Site immediately.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
means Translators Town Limited, 286 Upper Richmond Rd, Putney, London SW15 6TH, England; Translators Town Limited is the owner of this ("www.translatorstown.com") website;
means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Translators Town makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
means any online communications infrastructure that Translators Town makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Translators Town and acting in the course of their employment; This include but is not limited to "Translation Job Poster"/"Translation Job Posters", "Freelance Translator"/"Freelance Translators" and "Translation Agency"/"Translation Agencies"
means the website that you are currently using (www.translatorstown.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.translatorstown.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Intellectual Property
- 2.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 3 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Web Site, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Translators Town, or our affiliates. By continuing to use the Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
2.2 You may print, reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use Content from the Web Site
for personal only unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by
Personal use includes, but is not limited to, recreational use, social use, and use in education as a student or teacher.
Specifically you agree that:
- 2.2.1 you will not use the Content of the Web Site for commercial purposes; and
- 2.2.2 you will not systematically copy Content from the Web Site with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory or database unless given express written permission to do so by Translators Town.
3. Third Party Intellectual Property
- Where expressly indicated, certain Content and the Intellectual Property Rights subsisting therein belongs to other parties. This Content, unless expressly stated to be so, is not covered by any permission granted by Clause 2 of these Terms and Conditions to use Content from the Web Site. Any such Content will be accompanied by a notice providing the contact details of the owner and any separate use policy that may be relevant.
4. Links to Other Web Sites
- This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Translators Town or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
5. Links to this Web Site
- Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site www.translatorstown.com without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Translators Town. To find out more please contact us by email at email@example.com.
6. Use of Communications Facilities and Content Submission
6.1 When using the translation portal and / or any other System and when submitting Content to the Web Site
you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- 6.1.1 you must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- 6.1.2 you must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- 6.1.3 you must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- 6.1.4 it is advised that posts on message boards, chat facilities or similar and communications with Translators Town are made using the English language as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- 6.1.5 you must not post links to other web sites containing any of the above types of Content;
- 6.1.7 you must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Translators Town or our affiliates
- 6.1.8 you must not submit material that may contain viruses or any other software or instructions that may damage or disrupt other software, computer hardware or communications networks; and
- 6.1.9 you must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as "spam" or "junk mail".
- 6.2 You acknowledge that Translators Town reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
6.3 In order to use the translation portal and any other communication facility that may be added in the
future or to submit Content, you are required to submit certain personal details.
By continuing to use this Web Site you represent and warrant that:
- 6.3.1 any information you submit is accurate and truthful; and
- 6.3.2 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
- 6.4 By submitting Content you warrant and represent that you are the author of such Content or that you have acquired all of the appropriate rights and / or permissions to use the Content in this fashion. Further, you waive all moral rights in the Content to be named as its author and grant Translators Town a licence to modify the Content as necessary for its inclusion on the Web Site. Translators Town accepts no responsibility or liability for any infringement of third party rights by such Content.
- 6.5 Unless a User informs Translators Town otherwise, in advance of posting, in writing, and Translators Town agrees to any terms or restrictions, all Content submitted is for publication on the Website and other such uses as Translators Town may deem appropriate under a royalty-free, perpetual basis.
- 6.6 Translators Town will not be liable in any way or under any circumstances for any loss or damage that you may incur as a result of such Content, nor for any errors or omissions in the Content. Use of and reliance upon such Content is entirely at your own risk.
- 6.7 Content submitted by Users is not screened by Translators Town prior to appearing online. We retain the right to exercise our sole discretion to remove or relocate any Content as we deem appropriate without the consent of the author. We shall be under no obligation to exercise such discretion. If you wish to enquire as to the removal of Content, please submit your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not constitute an undertaking to explain our actions.
7. Termination and Suspension
- In the event that any of the provisions of Sub-Clause 6.1, above, are not followed, Translators Town reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Service. Any Users banned in this way must not attempt to use the Website under any other name or by using the access credentials of another User, with or without the permission of that User.
which is incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by this reference.
- 9.1 Translators Town makes no warranty or representation that the Web Site will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services.
- 9.2 No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- 9.3 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all descriptions of services available from Translators Town correspond to the actual services available, Translators Town is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions.
10. Availability of the Web Site
The Service is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis.
We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults.
To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose,
accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
Translators Town accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
11. Limitation of Liability
- 11.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, Translators Town accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk.
- 11.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts Translators Town´ liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Translators Town.
- 11.3 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
12. No Waiver
- In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
13. Previous Terms and Conditions
- In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to email@example.com. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
15. Job Poster, Freelance Translator and Translation Agency
- 15.1 When you register as a Job Poster or as a Freelance Translator or as a Translation Agency to use our services offered on this Web Site you accept that Translators Town reserves the right to publish on this Web Site all or any of the content and information that you submit to this Web Site.
- 15.2 Translators Town does not warrant that any Content submitted to this Web Site by the Translation Job Poster or Freelance Translator or Translation Agency is accurate, reliable, safe and/or legal. It is your responsibility as a Translation Job Poster or as a Freelance Translator or as a Translation Agency to investigate the description of a Freelance Translator´s profile or a Translation Agency´s profile or any other Content related to or submitted by the Freelance Translator or the Translation Agency. It is your responsibility as a Translation Job Poster or as a Freelance Translator or as a Translation Agency to investigate the description of a Translation Job Poster´s profile and the description of the posted translation jobs on this Web Site or any other Content related to or submitted by the Translation Job Poster.
- 15.3 Translators Town is not responsible for the payment of any work. The payment method is negotiated between the Translation Job Poster and the Freelance Translator or the Translation Agency. Translators Town only provides the web service online as a communication interface between the Translation Job Poster and the Freelance Translator or the Translation Agency. Translators Town is not responsible for any financial matters between the Translation Job Poster and the Freelance Translator or between the Translation Job Poster and the Translation Agency or between the Freelance Translator and the Translation Agency.
16. Refund Policy
- You are entitled to a full refund only if you inform Translators Town within 7 days of subscribing and must not use the Web Site or its Content during that time. If any use can be traced to your Account, no refund will be provided.
- 17.1 You are required to pay a Subscription Fee on the date that you activate your subscription (Paid Membership). Your credit / debit card will be billed once on activation and will not be billed again unless you choose to renew your subscription.
- 17.2 Your first payment will be at the price advertised on the Web Site. Translators Town reserves the right to change Subscription Fees from time to time and any such changes may affect the price of subsequent renewals. Translators Town reserves the right to make any special offers to any customers as we alone deem appropriate. For further information on subscriptions and pricing, please visit our Subscriptions page.
- 17.3 If you terminate your subscription or account you will continue to have access to the Paid Content for the remainder of the Subscription Period you are currently in up until the renewal date whereupon access will cease unless you choose to pay the Subscription Fee and renew your subscription.
- 17.4 If you have subscribed in error you must inform Translators Town within 7 days of subscribing and must not use the Web Site or its Content during that time. If any use can be traced to your Account, no refund will be provided.
- 18.1 Either Translators Town or you may terminate your account and (where relevant) your subscription. If Translators Town terminates your Account or subscription, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- 18.2 If Translators Town terminates your account as a result of your breach of these Terms and Conditions you will not be entitled to any refund.
- 18.3 If Translators Town terminates your account or subscription for any other reason, you will not be refunded any remaining balance of your Subscription Fee.
- 18.4 If Translators Town terminates your account or subscription, you will cease to have access to Paid Content from the date of termination.
- 18.5 If you terminate your account or subscription, you will continue to have access to Paid Content for the remainder of your subscription period as per Clause 16.3
19. Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Translators Town shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and Translators Town and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.